“Although Prokofiev made three suites of selections from his ballet Cinderella, Denève prepared his own, intended to emphasis the most dramatic and romantic elements of the score. Under his baton, the orchestra gave a richly colored, brilliantly played performance in one of those scores that show off the orchestra at its most sensuous. There was radiant string playing throughout, but especially in the “Introduction and Amoroso,” in passages that soared in a manner evocative of the fairy tale on which they were based. The quick running melody of the Waltz was pulsing and dramatic under Denève’s baton, as he made the melody slow and accelerate in a way that suggested the growing passion of the dancers.”
Latest News & Reviews
- Stéphane Denève to Conduct 2020 Nobel Prize Concert 30 April 2020
- Authoritative French and Russian music from Denève and the SLSO 21 October 2019
- Denève, SLSO take audiences on a profound journey 7 October 2019
- SLSO musicians describe Stéphane Denève. 21 September 2019
- Stéphane Denève and the St. Louis Symphony Orchestra share additional details for the 2019/2020 season 12 September 2019
Sorry, we’ve still to update the site with Stéphane’s latest schedule. Please check back later.