“(…) It might seem reductive to limit a musician to national specialities, but having heard Denève’s Berlioz, Debussy and Roussel in concert, his captivating disc of Poulenc with the Stuttgart orchestra he commands and now his Ravel, I can honestly say there’s no conductor alive I’d rather hear in French music.” (…) “Denève, who had scattered brisk, sensuous stardust over his orchestra from the start, underlined Poulenc’s gravely beautiful Pas de deux with poised assistance from oboist Richard Simpson and perfectly gauged wind and brass ensembles.” (…) “Denève and the many orchestral solos hit the right, exquisite note every time” (…) “Better still, I wonder if Ravel’s choruses have ever been more glowingly and subtly served than by the ensemble from which the individual singers stepped out. The animals’ final fugal salute to a “good boy” could only leave us drifting out of the hall speechless, hands pointing to hearts. Perfection.”
Latest News & Reviews
- Stéphane Denève to Conduct 2020 Nobel Prize Concert 30 April 2020
- Authoritative French and Russian music from Denève and the SLSO 21 October 2019
- Denève, SLSO take audiences on a profound journey 7 October 2019
- SLSO musicians describe Stéphane Denève. 21 September 2019
- Stéphane Denève and the St. Louis Symphony Orchestra share additional details for the 2019/2020 season 12 September 2019
Sorry, we’ve still to update the site with Stéphane’s latest schedule. Please check back later.