“”(…) The peripatetic life is the conductor’s lot, especially for someone like Denève, who is in increasing demand thanks to his energetic musicianship and imaginative programming. But it is one he accepts willingly. “To be honest, I’m living the dream,” he said. (…) That Denève can make an orchestra without this tradition sound convincing in French repertoire is clear from a fantastic 2012 recording of Debussy’s orchestral music with the Royal Scottish National Orchestra. In contrast to many recent accounts of this music, which emphasize abstract clarity, Denève gets the sonic precision along with a sensuously full-blooded sound and visceral excitement. (…) One of Denève’s most unusual new projects will begin next year, when he will become chief conductor of the Brussels Philharmonic and the inaugural director of its Centre for Future Orchestral Repertoire. The center will begin life as a website that will have comprehensive information, such as scoring and performance history, for every symphonic work composed since 2000. Relatedly, he will play at least one piece of 21st-century music on each Brussels program. (…)”
Latest News & Reviews
- Stéphane Denève to Conduct 2020 Nobel Prize Concert 30 April 2020
- Authoritative French and Russian music from Denève and the SLSO 21 October 2019
- Denève, SLSO take audiences on a profound journey 7 October 2019
- SLSO musicians describe Stéphane Denève. 21 September 2019
- Stéphane Denève and the St. Louis Symphony Orchestra share additional details for the 2019/2020 season 12 September 2019
Sorry, we’ve still to update the site with Stéphane’s latest schedule. Please check back later.